Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My grandson voted before he was born!

Well not really, but he was in his mommy's tummy when SHE voted today, so does that count?


See that sticker on her tummy? Yeah, that's OLIVER!!! I am so incredibly proud of my daughter and son-in-law for making sure that he got to experience voting first-hand even before he could see the ballot. They will make such awesome parents!!! My daughter is sooooo organized these days (perhaps it's her nesting instinct?) that she actually studied the ballot ahead of time and zipped right through that electronic voting machine faster than I could say VOTE! I'm sure she said a few words to Oliver while she was touching the screen like how to recognize a good candidate and which party is truly FOR the PEOPLE (starts with a D folks!)

Is anyone else truly looking forward to being able to turn on the television without having to flip through channels adnauseum to avoid political advertisements and then end up switching to Netflix or Hulu anyway? The NaBloPoMo prompt for today was to say what our first act would be if we were elected president. How about banning all those ads? Better yet, prohibit filling those pockets so deep that they have millions of dollars to spend on all those ads, junk mail and phone calls! I think we could heat a house for the winter with just ONE candidate's junk mail alone! Ok, enough of that. Let's just say that I'll be glad when January gets here and we can move on...

Toodles!
Photobucket
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. i definitely can't wait for the election to be over and no more ads :-) very exciting for your grandson, congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for stopping by! I am very glad it's over for now and hope America is ready to support all the winners!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...