Friday, November 16, 2012

Do you believe in ghosts?

Friday, November 16, 2012

Would you buy your dream house if the price was right BUT you also were told it was inhabited by ghosts?

That is the NaBloPoMo prompt for today. Funny because as we continue to adjust to our new blended multigenerational family in a house that got used to just two people that dream house is getting bigger and more necessary! Every day it seems that we add something to the list of must-have: kitchen the size of this whole house, sunroom with dog shower and drying station, huge craft room, multiple hobby rooms, media room with multiple levels like a theater, fertile soil for gardening, outbuildings for old cars and tools, and the list goes on. You'll notice one thing that is not on the list: must be ghost-free! Who cares if some long lost soul gets lonely every now and then and pays us a visit? This house is gonna be so darn big that they'll have to spend all night looking for us anyway!

On a more serious note though, let me tell you a personal story about my ghost. A very dear friend of mine who used to love listening to Beatles music with me died not long after the release of Anthology I which includes the long lost Lennon song "Free as a Bird". We played the song at his memorial service and I listened to it over and over through my sobbing at home afterwards. Sometimes just out of the blue my stereo would turn itself on and play that song! Or if I was listening to it or another golden oldie the volume would turn up very loud. I kid you not folks, I could quite literally sit across the room and watch that volume dial turning! Don't even TRY to tell me it wasn't him there to comfort me or just joke around trying to make me laugh as he often did! Eventually when he saw that I was finally able to cope with the loss he moved on and the stereo got back to normal. So would I deny myself and family our dream home just because there were ghosts? Absolutely not! Hey, the more the merrier!!!

Now back to the world of the living. How about a few pictures from our mile-long hike through Winter Wonderland out at Lake Shawnee? It's an annual fund raiser for TARC, a provider of resources for persons with developmental disabilities.



















Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...