Friday, November 30, 2012

I made it to Day 30 of NaBloPoMo!!!

This is the last of my off-subject blog posts, I promise! Well at least until Oliver is born and then I'm sure you will all want to see him, right? And I hope to start showing you things I've made for him soon. But for one last time I will use the BlogHer NaBloPoMo prompt for the day:

Friday, November 30, 2012
What has been the hardest part about blogging daily?



Doing anything other than personal hygiene on a daily basis is just not my style and even the hygiene has taken a back seat to some much needed down time on occasion. I have found out that I function better when allowed to fail, or at least when allowed to not follow a rigid structure. My ideal vacation would be one that has a starting and ending point with some "must see" spots in-between, unlimited budget (in my dreams!), no set time frame and done in a comfortable vehicle with a killer sound system. The closest I've come to that is a side trip to Colorado at the tail end of a business trip to Western Kansas. I must say that my 91 Bonneville did have one of the best sound systems of any car I've ever had and was very comfortable. Ok, so I digress.......

It's been tough for me to remember to blog every day and I've had to back-date one or two posts. I'm more of the "blog when I feel like it" sort of people. That's why I've not pursued any design teams or gotten super committed to weekly challenges. I guess some folks thrive on the competition or love the challenge, but I find my life to be far less stressful when I allow myself the flexibility of controlling my leisure time by not having to abide by deadlines. Heaven knows I've got enough of those at work! Yeah, I never could keep a paper journal or diary either. I found at least four spiral or hardback journals with only one or two entries in them, including some that I started when my daughter was born.

So what causes this lackadaisical attitude? Is it my CADD (Crafters Attention Deficit Disorder), PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), sensory overloaded or maybe none of the above? Maybe it's perfectly normal and all of you who religiously blog every day are really the odd ones! Maybe you have an unnatural need to achieve this lofty goal, or perhaps you actually make money blogging... Yes, THAT must be it!!! So when I grow up and retire maybe I'll start blogging every day too and maybe someone will pay me to do it! Sounds like a plan to me!

If I were to start blogging every day or even once a week, what would you come back here every day or week to read?

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you...completing this 30 day Blogher challenge is probably the first challeng I've done since, well high school, which I didn't finish. I'm proud of you! CONGRATS!! We MADE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! It's not easy to blog daily, and I can't do it either... it's too much. You just need to do whatever you feel comfortable with... personal blogging is for fun... whatever works for you should work for your readers. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...