Tuesday, November 20, 2012

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

Tuesday, November 20, 2012


Talk about the opening of your favourite book.

I honestly don't have a favorite book. You know what came in to my head when I read the BlogHer NaBloPoMo prompt for today? "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1 NKJV

Yes, I've been thinking a lot about the miracle of life lately as I watch my grandson grow inside my daughter's womb. I am so blessed to have her living with us and have been enjoying getting to know my son-in-law better.

Getting back to books though, I've read my share of books, but am not the type of person who reserves a part of the brain for storing titles and authors for later retrieval, so even if I had a favorite book other than the Bible I couldn't tell you the name. Am I the only person like this? It's the same way with movies, although admittedly they are easier to remember than books. I can tell you that my most used books are those with usable pages, like cookbooks for instance. Oh, let's be honest, they're really the only books that get cracked open by me and that is going by the wayside now in favor of recipes on my iPad or printed from some awesome blog.

I found this great app called CamScan that let's you turn your iPad in to a scanner. Today I was messing around with some Penzey's Spices catalog pages just to see how it worked. This hot chocolate sounds pretty yummy, don't you think?







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...