Friday, November 19, 2010

Mini album fun!

I finally got some of the mini albums done that Christie showed how to do on her blog the other day. Wow are they ever addicting! I've already got two other gals at work making them too! Thanks Christie!


 The cards below were a bundle of fun. It's the first time I've tried sewing on paper and incorporating fabric in the design. I cut out the stockings out of denim, sewed on to the paper, then fringed the edges. I then sewed the plaid paper "fabric" on to card stock which was then adhered to the card blank (5 1/2 x 11 folded in half). When I looked at the finished product and decided to use some of the die cuts I'd made with the Cricut I decided to use some Stampin Up white craft ink to dress up the stockings and ornaments. The little santa on the bells was stamped with an ancient set I've had for over 20 years and does not have a name on it. I used a red and black sharpie for his suit and boots, then a puffy glaze pen by Sakura for the white and red buttons.

 These cards have gold lame circles sewn on card stock, except the one card that used black velvet. For the ornament strings I used a versamark pen and gold embossing powder. I used some Studio G clear stamps and another stamp from that really old set using Stampin Up Ruby Red classic ink.
 The mini album below is one of my favorites because of the saying, "Jesus is the Reason for the Season." I jazzed it up a bit with some Tim Holtz distress Stickles in Scattered Straw (pretty appropriate, huh?) and the touched the star up with Studio G gold glitter glue.



Photobucket
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Those mini albums are GREAT! What wonderful stocking stuffers would those be? :o) I LOVE the Christmas cards, too.

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh all right. I'll just come out and say it...
    I love it all! LOL! I am with Emily, those would be fab stocking stuffers. Thanks for commenting on my blog. So happy you did because now I can follow you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...