Monday, April 18, 2011

Upcycled seed sacks become waterproof tote bags!

This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, even had saved bird seed bags in my garage. It wasn't until I saw someone selling them on Etsy that were made out of horse and chicken feed sacks that I decided it was time to get to work. Only thing was I didn't have any horses or chickens! Well call in the reinforcements.... tada!!! My daughter asked around at work and found someone who had these nylon bags that she couldn't burn and VOILA! I absolutely LOVE them!!! These three were donated back to my daughter, the lady who knew the lady with the bags and of course, the lady with the bags. They've promised to be my guinea pigs of sort to test them out before I try selling them. As I was struggling with my standard sewing machine my husband walked in the sewing room to ask how things were going and I mentioned that the long-arm sewing machine I'd been talking about would come in very handy for this new project. We'll look around, probably check out the special sales at the State Fair in September. Any suggestions for types or brands would be helpful. In addition to using it for tote bags I also have plans to do t-shirt quilts and other "normal" quilts that need the extra space.




Photobucket
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. How cute and so eco-friendly! I love the one with the chicken on it. My sister would love it. People just continue to amaze me with the things they come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...