Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Driving in a blizzard

Today's BlogHer NaBloPoMo:

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tell us about the worst trip you ever took.

It would have to be the return trip from my husband's grandmother's funeral years ago. He didn't realize that he was allowed to take funeral leave, so I drove across western Kansas in a blizzard. Talk about white knuckle driving! If it weren't for the awesome 1969 Buick Wildcat that I was driving we never would have made it. If I say "PFHULLLUMP" and tell you that we plowed through 3 to 4 foot or higher snow drifts while maneuvering around the cars and 18-wheelers that were going off the road around us or were already in the ditch would that muster up a clear picture? Around these parts they call it a ground blizzard because the snow had already fallen, but the wind caused fresh drifting and white-out conditions. It's only 206 miles, but felt like 2006 and took about ten times longer. Well I got him back home safe and sound and I'm sure his employer was impressed with his commitment to work, but I'll never drive in those conditions again!

Oh yeah, we still have that old Buick in the garage. Betsy has seen her better days, but we have plans to get her fixed up and drive her in parades one of these days!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...