Thursday, November 8, 2012

My ideal job, or NaBloPoMo Day 8


Welcome to Day 8 of the BlogHer NaBloPoMo! Can you believe that I've actually blogged 8 days in a row??? Me neither!!! The prompt today is to answer this question:

“If you could have any job (and instantly have the training and qualifications to do it), which job would you want?”

A little back story is needed here before I move on. My Bachelor Degree is in Liberal Arts with a major in Psychology and a minor in Communications. It took me over ten years to get that degree. Those years began in Goeppingen, Germany while I was still on active duty in the Army and taking night classes through the University of Maryland. My final walk with cap and gown occurred the year after my daughter was born. I made her a special outfit to match the Wichita State University theme so she could wear it to my graduation ceremony. 
right

My ideal job is actually one that I toyed with pursuing while still in college, but that would have required a transfer since WSU didn't offer a grad program in Industrial Psychology. I always thought that it would be very rewarding to be able to do something that could make a positive difference for large companies. According to an article I read on eHow

“Industrial psychologists usually work with top management to restructure an organization and make the work environment comfortable and conducive to increased employee productivity. They do this through employee selection, placement and training. Their main objective is to boost employee performance and quality of work. They do this through carrying out various research functions and implementing psychological principles.”

Now doesn't that sound rewarding to you? I like the idea of being able to observe the working environment and make recommendations for change. It’s kind of like being an editor, only instead of the written word it is real people and environments being edited. Experience has taught me that there is always a better way of doing things, but due to either resistance to change, lack of understanding or resources many companies choose the route of stagnancy and status quo. 


Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...