Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday,Monday, so good to me

Silly song just keeps floating around in my head with pictures of those four singers, especially Mama Cass in that short dress! Today is Monday, Day 5 of the NaBloPoMo challenge to write a blog post every day during the month of November. The blog prompt for today's post is: "What are your thoughts about tomorrow's election in the United States?" Well to be quite honest I hope whoever wins does what is right for our country, because no matter what they say during all those millions of dollars worth of ads we've all be nauseated by over the past few months, if they are controlled simply by what the deep pockets and party lines tell them to do, we're in trouble. 

Believe it or not I used to really get involved in politics, or at least in radical advocacy work on my own time while trying to play the good state government employee serving as a Legislative Liaison who wasn't allowed to lobby or say anything contrary to the current administration. Talk about migraines! Yeah, after I figured out that it wasn't just the aspartame  MSG and chocolate that brought them on and finally gave in to the fact that my job and the internal conflicts it was causing might actually be a big contributing factor I gave up all the nasties and have rarely experienced one since. Well admittedly I haven't completely given up chocolate, but have learned that, unlike the stressful job, consuming it in small increments is ok.

So what does all that have to do with my thoughts about tomorrow's election? Quite honestly, even though I still vote and I know that only one vote really CAN make a difference, I just can't get overly excited or worried about who wins or loses because you know what? Life will go on!

Bottom line with me is that I'm more concerned about the upcoming baby shower I'm throwing for my daughter on Saturday than I am about the election. There you have it! Here she is with our empathetic Border Collie, Katie. Our Golden Retriever has also gotten in to the habit of patting Emily's belly. Guess they're making sure Oliver is okay. I love it!



Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...