Friday, June 29, 2012

Pop Up Birthday Card for my Dad

I wanted to make a tactile card for my dad who is legally blind, so put the pedal to the metal... err, how about the fingers to the keyboard and metal to the paper (as in the blade on my machine cutting paper) and created this wonderful Happy Birthday pop up card. I dug through my files for the perfect card that I remembered seeing somewhere and found the svg file by one of my all-time favorite bloggers, Penny Duncan. If you've never heard of her you don't know what you're missing because she is one VERY talented lady! Hop on over to her blog when you have a chance and just drool over her art. She's also got an Etsy shop where you can purchase some of her products and collections.

Dad can see outlines and shadows, so I used a dark background cardstock layered with light shadows. The embellishments are from K&Company and were chosen because they bring back fond memories of camping  with my family as a kid (lantern), how my dad provided direction for my life (compass), how he was always doing something with his hands, sometimes requiring cleaning fluid to clean up; and 49.... well it's just there!




Photobucket
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This card is wonderful...I love it...and I'm so honored you used one of my designs...how special...you made my night....Hope you have a very blessed weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic the pop up effect of the happy birthday inside

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Sharon! Love this card! I have actually never made a pop-up....maybe I should give it a go!

    Thank you for entering my blog candy!

    xxx
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...