Saturday, February 13, 2010
In my last post I showed you what I've been doing with my new toy, the Cuttlebug embosser. Well now I want to show you some things I've been doing with the folders that came with it and also give you a sneak peak at the effects of CADD (Crafter's Attention Deficit Disorder!) that pretty much keeps me from getting much accomplished because I flutter from one project to another, then end up with such a mess that I can't concentrate on anything. This usually results in me walking away from the mess and shutting the door to my craft room (more to keep the cats away from all that paper than anything else.) Anyway, this first picture shows some card stock cut into 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch sheets, embossed, then rubbed (distressed) with ink. I loved the way the sheets looked right after being embossed, but the first time I distressed one with that awesome Tim Holtz Distress Ink I was hooked and just HAD to do them all!
Since these were sitting there while I was taking pics of the embossing I figured that I might as well add them to the photo shoot. These are/were brass planters that looked kind of brassy (well, duh!) and didn't quite fit my decor (what, you ask, IS your decor anyway? MESSY?!?) Anyway, I painted them with some metallic silver acrylic craft paint and here is the result. I was planning on punching holes in them, adding grommets and creating handles to hang from somewhere for storage of something (yes I know, a lot of unknowns) until I discovered that my cropadile's bite isn't high enough to make it over the lip of the pot, so here they sit waiting for me to decide where to put them and what to put in them.
More pics of the Distress Inked embossed card stock. See, I just couldn't stop myself!
Below is what my work surface looks like now. I decided to try some One Sheet Wonders (called OSW over at SplitCoastStampers ) using my Cricut. I used three coordinating 12x12 sheets and as you can see, just got one card front done. It's a start anyway! Oh yeah, that pink card front below does NOT have distressed in on it. Guess I like the softness of the pink and the paisley embossing just the way it is.
Below on the left is my Cuttlebug and all the purchased embossing folders. On the right is a random picture showing a tin covered with bamboo wallpaper I got from a sample book found through FreeCycle. My sister gave me some clear acrylic circles that are cast-offs from a sign company she works for and this seemed like a perfect way to store them, yet still know what's inside the tin.
Well that's about all for now. Company's coming for supper and I guess I should take off this hillarious apron I'm wearing!
Scribbled by Sharon Huffman at 6:05 PM
I've been busy making folders for my new Cuttlebug and wanted to share them with you. I'll post some pics of what they look like actually embossed on cardstock later, but wanted to let you know one reason why I haven't been organizing my craft room. These are all made with repurposed baseball card protectors. My husband threw them away after he put all his cards in 3-ring binders. I rescued them and found a good use for them, saving myself money in the meantime. All of the cuts were made with my Cricut and Sure Cuts Alot 2. The idea isn't my own, but came from several different blogs and YouTube videos that I'll be happy to post when I find them again.
Scribbled by Sharon Huffman at 4:46 PM