Monday, November 1, 2010

Kombucha and Kefir, altering clothes and other projects

What is it they say about the best laid plans? Well I am happy to say that I did manage to get a few things done today, just NOT in my craft room YET. I still have two more hours before bedtime, so will head in there as soon as I post this slide show. Just a few words to explain the pictures. First I show you my new batch of Kombucha and Kefir. I got starts from someone on Freecycle and thought I'd give them a whirl. I used to make Kombucha tea all the time, but haven't in quite a few years. I've never tried Kefir, so anyone with hints please pass them along. Next I show you what I call my dungeon. It's my sewing room and is a horrible mess. The projects that I show hanging up are clothes that I got at the Salvation Army. The pants are all too short, so I needed to lengthen them. One shirt needed the cuffs cut off the too-short sleeves and the other needed stitch-witchery ironed on the front sections to keep them from folding back on themselves with each washing. I discovered that by "welding" the facing to the fabric I wouldn't have to iron the front every time I washed the shirt. Oh the last project is a repurposed towel I want to use to clean my stamps. Baby wipes are great, but they tend to fuzz up too much. You'll also get to see two of my dogs, Libby and Katie, who were hanging with me down in the dungeon. Enjoy!



Photobucket
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. How do you always find the coolest things? this slide show is the bomb!! and no one even says that anymore! LOL. I am so going to do this slide thing. You are really on top of the cool trends. Ha ha love the monster serger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylace I found the slide show on another person's blog and love how it stays on the page and people don't have to open up a new program to watch it. It's easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Now won't you please leave a comment to let me know you were here? I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...